Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just ME

Now that you know a little bit about US, let me tell you a little about myself and why I have decided to join the blogging world.

I'm an almost 25 year old married lady who enjoys the simple things in life.  I was born into a wonderfully loving navy family and have lived moving around the country and world my entire life. These experiences have helped mold me into the strapping young gal I am today. I'm somewhat of a science nerd who's a hopeless romantic and enjoys reading, laughing, family, nature, bargains, and of course shopping.

After becoming first time home buyers with my hubs we found that owning a home was a lot more work than we expected. We bought a cute Victorian style home that was foreclosed and needed some fun updating and style.  Being our optimistic selves we dove in head first with all the joy and excitement of a kid at a candy store.  Come to find that us kids had to use our own money to buy this candy and were too short to reach our hands into the containers. With a lot of work and more than a few pennies, things are really starting to finally come together.  We've lived in our house for 1 year now and have enjoyed every minute of it.

On a budget, we have already remodeled a half bath and full kitchen as well as a ton of small updates. With Austin's manly remodel experience and my touch of style, I think we make a pretty awesome team!

Join me as I share our daily adventures together as well as my DIY projects, fun cooking/baking, bargain shopping, and some entertaining Craigslist sales.


No comments:

Post a Comment