Monday, August 20, 2012

Coffee Table

As you may know (from the "sold it" tab), I LOVE craigslist.  One man's trash is indeed another man's treasure.  I found this coffee table on craigslist for $40.  It was originally a banged up, scratched up mess. It was a cherry wood color (not my fav) with a shiny finish.  There were also ugly silver accents on the bottom of each leg. 
                                                   before...

With a little work and a lot of help from the hubs, we removed the sealant and stain with a removal product from home depot and bought some dark brown wood stain.  We spent about $10 on these products for a total of about $50 for this coffee table.We also removed the silver accents on the legs and voila!

after...

We got, what I think is my favorite project and piece, for a fraction of the cost of buying it new. Did I mention it's an extremely heavy piece made of solid wood. Oh Yeah! That's right!!
Compare:  Morgan Large Cocktail Table for $399 at Ballard Design

No comments:

Post a Comment