Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Basic White Sofa

Basic White Sofa from Pottery Barn for $1299 to $1899 depending on grade plus $80 for shipping! Goodness Gracious!!  Do people really pay this!!??

















Please know that I am a very clean person and would normally not buy a used couch. Who knows what has been on that thing. However, I found an Ikea couch on craigslist for $25. Yes, $25! You initial reaction was probably the same as mine. Gross...that thing must be nasty! After some thought I figured if it's really bad I can resell it for $50 and profit $25 or toss it and only be out $25 bucks!

One great thing about Ikea furniture is that all couches are slip covered. They can be completely taken off and washed or replaced with a cover for a change in style.

Ikea was having a sale on the slip cover for this particular couch. Usually for $150 I got a new slip cover for each cushion and couch for $50.  

After seeing that the couch was not in too bad of shape I went ahead and got the slip cover. After some lysol disinfectant and a good vacuum/shampoo, here is the finished product for a grand total of $75!
What?...Yes, $75!





With a little ironing and some fun pillows, I think this will look great! Add a coffee table and another chair and Brava Britton!




1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! Good find! By the way I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete