Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dirty Ol' Toilet

By the title I know you are already thinking..."No Way"!  But I say, "Yes Way"!

Our house sat empty for over a year after being foreclosed and my my my it was DIRTY.   After moving into our house and giving it a good deep cleaning, we decided to go ahead and replace one of the old toilets. We were able to clean and replace toilet seats on the others. The old toilet sat in our garage for quite some time before I got the idea to try and sell it on Craigslist (as the garbage men wouldn't take it with them). 
(I unfortunately...and fortunately...don't have a picture of the actual toilet we sold.
Sorry...and your welcome! This is someone else dirty ol' toilet. )

Let me just tell you how gross that thing really was. Not only had it been sitting for a year in our house but it hadn't been cleaned in over a year. The previous tenants left the house filthy. Add a year to that, some hard water stains, some sitting in the garage, and I'll leave the rest to your imagination. YUCK!

We posted it with pictures on Craigslist and to our surprise we had a buyer not long after posting.  That nasty thing sold for $50!!! Fifty buckaroos for a Dirty Ol' Toilet aint bad if you ask me...it's awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment